Monday 26 September 2016

Sweet!

Today's card is inspired by this one that I made back in November 2013...where I used Baker's twine and a kebab skewer to make a 'lollipop'! I thought I'd have another go, when I saw the 'thread' theme of this week's Less is More challenge, but this time made three smaller lollipops. I started by using one of my Nesties to cut some small circles from a snippet of card, coated them with some tacky glue, then covered them with Baker's twine...winding it round in a spiral, starting in the centre, then securing it to the back of the circle with some tape. I attached a piece of wooden kebab skewer to each 'lollipop', then tied another little piece of the twine around each of the sticks, then attached them to my card using 3D foam pads. I couldn't find a suitable sentiment in a large enough font, so made my own using a set by Paper Smooches that I was lucky enough to win a little while ago over at Pixie's Snippets Playground.


Challenges for this card:

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Helen and such a fun way to use bakers twine. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever use of twine, those lollipops are really realistic. Very sweet
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and definitely sweet! Great use of twine to make a very creative and attractive card. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Helen. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and fun card :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a yummy card, Helen! What a clever use of twine!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet indeed...such a creative approach to the challenge. Love it! Thanks for participating at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Striking, fun and totally CAS! Thanks for joining LIM this week! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Helen. I just spotted your win with this super card, in the challenge. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a simple idea but so effective. I love the pastels with the kraft.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry for the really late visit Helen
    This is fab and what a super idea... SO effective!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges. Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x