Monday 11 April 2016

Geometric Doodles

This week's Less is More challenge is a bit of a toughie...a one layer card with geometric shapes or patterns. Being undecided as to whether any of my background stamps counted as geometric shapes or patterns, I decided to have a go at doodling some triangles. I sketched the outlines in pencil, then coloured the shapes using watercolour pencils, before going over the outlines using a black gel pen. It's not my neatest work...but  I don't think it's bad for a first try...anyway, I liked the effect, so I added a Simon Says Stamp sentiment (from the 'Handwritten Borders' set).


Challenges for this card:

11 comments:

  1. Very stylish and elegant! I love the shades of blue together, and the sentiment is really pretty. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on the one layer challenge with patterns is SUPERB! Love the geometric and colors! GREAT job! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doodled triangles are fab and so are the colours you have chosen !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific idea! Nice card, and great first try! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey simply fabulous Helen, gorgeous design and colours plus a perfect pattern
    Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card,
    Thank you for you comment on my blog.
    Lilian B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CAS card....pretty colours....Thank you for joining us this week at CYP....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these colours Jane and the geometric pattern is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colours are so eye catching! Beautiful blues and very successful doodling! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work creating your triangles, Helen. And these colours are my favourites.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x