Saturday 3 January 2015

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - New...

It's the first Saturday of the month...so that means it's time for a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge...and this month the theme is:

'New'
(NewYear, New Baby, New Home, New Job, New Stash, New Technique...) 

We are sponsored for this challenge by:

Prize - a $20 voucher

I was a lucky girl this Christmas, and received a few new Penny Black stamps...and picked one of those to try a new (to me) technique. The stamp is 'We Three Kings'...and I stamped it in Versamark, then embossed it in gold on the black card. I used Cosmic Shimmer pigments mixed with a little water to colour the image...I love the way the colours stand out against the black...they have a lovely metallic finish too. All I did then was stamp the co-ordinating sentiment stamp along the bottom of my card blank, then mat the image on to some gold card.



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. This is just stunning...that shine is oh so pretty and eye catching! Love how you did this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen
    Fabulous card...
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, this is STUNNING! WOW--all that gold is just amazing! Perfect use of black paper--the colors and shine look beautiful with it! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I've started a new holiday card making challenge and I'd love for you to come play along! We've got blog candy up! It's called CASE-ing Christmas--hope you join me there soon! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is really beautiful great card. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR January challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for January x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shimmer of the 3 kings. This is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous - love the gold against the darker background and all that shimmer.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x