Tuesday 27 May 2014

Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Filigree

We have a new Oldie but a Goodie Challenge starting today...the theme is:

'Filigree'

The prize for this challenge is:
Tonic Studios Die Set 'Be Mine'

My intial thought when I saw the theme of this challenge was 'Eeeek!'...but then I remembered that I had a couple of fancy butterfly dies that would pass for 'filigree'! I started by stamping my Stampendous 'Agapanthus Clusters' and Hero Arts sentiment stamps in black ink, then blended Distress Inks over the top (Shaded Lilac, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans & Chipped Sapphire). I then stamped some flourishes from the 'Fantastic Flourishes' set by Hero Arts in water...splattered some water over the top...then gave the whole thing a generous spritzing of 'Baby's Breath' Cosmic Shimmerz. I used a Joy Crafts die to cut the butterfly from navy blue card...then daubed some 'Picket Fence' Distress Stain over the edges, before spritzing it with some more of the Cosmic Shimmerz.


Here's a close-up of the 'filigree' butterfly:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen, thanks so much for joining in with our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty monochromatic card-bet it is even prettier IRL with all the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant butterflies, love them.
    Thanks for taking part.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Helen, the agapanthus is one of my favourite stamps! We do like to see a bit more "white space" on LIM cards where possible...
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and participating in our fifth anniversary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your combo of stamps and die Helen!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card helen Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x