Tuesday 30 October 2012

Oldie but a Goodie - Spots & Stripes

This fortnight at the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge, I've picked the theme, which is:

'Spots & Stripes'

Our sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Sentiments:

 
I've a cute penguin image from Crafty Sentiments called 'Christmas Penguin', which I coloured using watercolour pencils...adding sparkle to the ice with some Stickles. The spotty and stripey papers are from the 'Wonderful Winter' pad by My Mind's Eye...this card measures just 4x4 inches...so I was able to make use of some of my scraps on it!


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. I love the penguin Helen and the layout is fab. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy little penguin! Gorgeous card hun, love the colours. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Helen and a great sketch too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous, I love the penguins and fabulous papers.

    Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky challenge this week
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Helen, love the glittery ice and fab colouring, great theme today too - I love it!
    HUgs Laurie xx
    PS you could enter this into LCI with your P for penguin too - I've just said the same to Francesca xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fab love all the sparkles, fab image . Thanks for sharing with us at Challenges 4 everybody. hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, love the penguin he looks so cute. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen
    Love your spots and stripes. This is a gorgeous creation, love your penguin too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card did you make Helen!
    And the stamp you use is sooo sweet.
    Thanks for joining the Friday Sketch challenge!

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x