Tuesday 10 April 2012

Musical Agapanthus

Something inky for you today...I started by blending 'Dusty Concord', 'Chipped Saphire' and 'Stormy Sky' Distress Inks on a piece of white card...before stamping 'Agapanthus Clusters' (by Stampendous) over the top in black. I stamped my Hero Arts 'Music Background' stamp over the top...I inked it with 'Weathered Wood' Distress Ink...removing some of the ink before stamping to create a distressed effect. I 'coloured' the outline flowers with 'Chipped Saphire', then added a butterfly (from a My Paper World set) coloured using 'Dusty Concord' popped up on 3D foam, before spritzing everything with a Cosmic Shimmer spray...it's really sparkly in real life, but I couldn't get it to show in a photo. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Fabulous Birthday' set by Hero Arts, and the pearls are form WIld Orchid Crafts.


Challenges for this card:

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Agapanthus are one of my favourite evergreen flowering plants I have in my garden.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, very elegant.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the bold image and the way you've placed the sentiment...that looks fantastic. Wonderful butterfly addition as well and perfect for our challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox. Thank you for playing along. :)

    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely so very elegant Helen:)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Helen, how could I not like when it's my all time favourite stamp,Stampendous P107 (I know I'm so sad).

    Thanks so much for joining in my bingo theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Helen - love the images and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Helen - love everything about it!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful card, it has given me an idea for my friends 65th birthday card. Doubt if mine will turn out so good, but who knows. Your cards are all great and it helps so much to know exactly how it's done. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your musical agapanthus card! What a great title for your post! The distressed stamping in the background is lovely. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great take on our bingo theme love the soft background you have created its so dreamy!

    Thanks for playing BINGO at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great beautiful hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Very nice blending.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x