Wednesday 4 April 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - G is for...

It's time for a brand new ABC Christmas Challenge...with Lacey as our host...the theme is:

'G is for - Gold, White & a touch of Green'

We have two wonderful sponsors:

The prize from Simon Says Stamp is a $15 voucher to spend in their online store

And


The prize from Elizabeth Craft Designs is 3 sheets of gold Christmas outline stickers

I inked up a much neglected stamp for my card...it's called 'Flourish Tree with Stars' by Hero Arts. I stamped it on white card using Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I then blended 'Bundled Sage' Distress Ink over the top...and spritzed it with a little gold Cosmic Shimmer pigment mixed with water over the top...it's lovely and sparkly in real life...but it doesn't really show up in the photo. I also coloured in the stars on the tree with the same gold Cosmic Shimmer pigment. I matted it on to white card painted gold with more pigment...I'd run out of gold card! The sentiment stamp is from the 'Bubble Tree' set by Woodware.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely classy and elegant card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 66 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully elegant. Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Helen love the C&S of this one! and GREAT to see you at Totally Gorjuss too! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really elegant Helen, I love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen, simple and very elegant ! I love how you coloured the green and am sure it is lovely and shimmery IRL :-) love the stamp too ,,,, FAB !

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have started on your Christmas Cards already! Good for you! Love all the stars!! :):)

    Thanks for joining us at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog - hope to see you again next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Helen, really elegant in green and gold. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the green and gold together! What a beautiful CAS card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Love this CAS look. Your card is very elegant.
    Hugs,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Helen. What a great take on our challenge, I love your perfect embossing! Hugs, Miria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, elegant Christmas card Helen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous CAS card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely simple Christmas card. Thanks for playing in our challenge this week at Lollipop Crafts!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous CAS Christmas card. Love the simple design.
    Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful and elegant CAS Christmas card. Don't tempt me again with that sentiment! One day I have to buy it!!
    Wishing you a Happpy Easter.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  17. very elegant - thank so much for playing with Lollipop crafts – hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great card and I love the green! I didn't realize how you did it and it sounds neat. I have to figure out how to do this-beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful card! Like it. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect card and thanks for sharing. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x