Saturday 3 March 2012

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - CASE IT (Domi)

As it's the first Saturday of the month, our Penny Black Saturday Challenge is another 'CASE IT' challenge this week...we want you to take inspiration from Domi's adorable card:


We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge:

 



And from the Ribbon Girl


I took my inspiration from the circular shape, and the purple & blue colour combo. I cut my card using Nesties from Core'dinations card...cutting two full circles, then sticking them together at the top, with a little fold in the one on the back so that it stands up nicely. I embossed the blue card using my Cuttlebug 'Flower Fantasy' folder, and a cute little button border folder from the 'Just My Type' set. The flowers were cut using my 'Tattered Florals' die, and I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch for the border. I sanded over all the edges and the embossing...and I almost forgot...the adorable wee hedgie is from the 'Critter Party' set



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. adorable card helen ~love this sweet image and the embossing!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love Penny Black, gorgeous colours and image, thanks for joining us at MMCS, hope to see you again next week, Gaynor Dt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Helen...:o)

    have a lovely evening sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card this week Helen, love those soft colours,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab! Love love love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, love the shape of your card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love the embossing and sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and thanks for joining us at Creative with our anything goes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, cute image! Thank you for taking part in MTTC's Circle Circus challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely use of the circle theme. Thanks for joining in with MTTC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x