Monday 9 January 2012

Purple Irises

Today's card is a real quick and simple one...I was supposed to be making my DT stuff for the week...but managed to sneak this one in while I had my inks out. I wanted to have a play with my new 'Paisley Swirl' background stamp by Hero Arts, that I picked up in Sir Stampalot's sale...they had some good bargains...so there may have been one or two more items that 'fell' into my basket! I stamped and heat embossed it in white, then blended 'Milled Lavender' and 'Custy Concord' Distress Inks over the top. I watercolour stamped the Penny Black 'Irises' with more 'Dusty Concord' and 'Forest Moss', and added a sentiment (also by Hero Arts)...inking around the edges of the white layers with yet more 'Dusty Concord'.


Challenges for this card:
  • CES - Anything Goes (Thanks for choosing me in the Top 3 for the last challenge!)
  • Less is More - Predominantly Purple
  • Little Miss Muffet - Something New (The paisley background stamp)

23 comments:

  1. This is great Helen, I love this stamp and usually use the purple option for colouring it too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Helen. The paisley makes a good contrast for the iris flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful helen
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and colours - I love your stamp too - like Chrissie says, I usually opt for purple when colouring it too

    Welcome to 2012

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgoeus card, love the stamp & the DP is just perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, that is a gorgeous new paisly stamp. Love how you made your own DP from it. Wonderful job.

    Thanks for joining the Little Miss Muffet - Something New Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Helen
    Love the sketchy look of the iris


    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card! Love that swirl stamp. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card Helen good luck with your challenge:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Beautiful in every way.Happy New year Helen.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Helen!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful and gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Helen...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, love the stamps, looks fab in purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card, its so pretty x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. one gorgeous card and love the image
    hugs Kate
    ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous - love your watercolouring with distress inks
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card - love the colour! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Helen love this card. Stunning Image.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Helen, this is gorgeous! That background goes perfectly with the flower stamp! Thanks for playing at Little Miss Muffet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x