Sunday 23 October 2011

Pile It On! Challenge - Be Happy

The theme of this week's Pile It On! Challenge is:

'Be Happy'
We want to see projects showing happiness or things that make you happy.


 We are sponsored for this challenge by Jellypark...not sure what the prize is, but I'll update this post when I find out.

The DT were given a few Jellypark images to play with...and I chose 'Girl & Dog'...I used to love walking our dogs when I was little...so this image makes me happy :0)
As she's all wrapped up in her winter woolies & coat, I decided to go for Autumnal colours...and used papers from the My Mind's Eye collection 'Bloom & Grow'. I distressed all of the edges using 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink...then used my distressing tool, and added faux stitching with my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I cut the flowers using my Tattered Florals die, adding buttons threaded with twine to their centres. The lettering is from the '72 & Sunny' pad by We R Memory Keepers...I toned down the zingy colours with some more 'Brushed Corduroy' ink.


Here are the challenges I've piled on:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

19 comments:

  1. Great card perfect for the CRAFT challenge. Thanks for playing Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love those flowers, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen! You chose a great image to play with, he is adorable! Love the nice cool colors you chose for you card. Thx for sharing with us at The Shoe this week!

    -Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Helen, fab papers and love the distressed look too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable Helen....and thanks for joining us at tpc too...!

    have a super afternoon....hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - a cute stamp and I love those papers! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic creation. Simply adore that image.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, I love the image and the colours you've used. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely card. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - I love the DP's you used and those gorgeous blooms too - it all combines to complement the jellypark image perfectly x
    ((hugs)) Suzie {Jellypark DT}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Anything doggie makes me happy too! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky's distressing challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, Helen. The image is so very cute and I love your flowers - the paper choice is brilliant!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous card Helen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! This is just the sweetest card --love your design and coloring! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous! love it you could add this to TTT if you have not enter 3 already which I don't think you have?
    awesome layers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card, I love the cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Helen this is absolutely beautiful. I love the warm fall colors you used and how you worked the sketch. Congratulations! I have selected you to be this weeks featured Sketch Artist. The post will go up on my blog tomorrow morning! Thank you for your lovely card and for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x