Thursday 11 August 2011

Blooming Meadows

I've been playing this morning with some of the crafty stash I got for my birthday yesterday (you can see photos of the gorgeous cards I and crafty presents I received on this post). The stamp I've used on this card is 'Blooming Meadows' by Hero Arts...I embossed it in white, then blended 'Tumbled Glass', 'Stormy Sky' and 'Bundled Sage' Distress Inks over it to create the background. I simply matted the image, using my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch on the white layer, and added a sentiment from the CCSR set by Papermania.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
  • Cute Card Thursday - Clean & Simple
  • Incy Wincy - Something Old, Something New (Old - punch & sentiment stamp; New - 'Blooming Meadows' stamp & 'Stormy Sky' Distress Ink)

11 comments:

  1. Just love this - such a pretty card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday for yesterday, and love your idea of playing gorgeous
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so gorgeous Helen...and enjoy playing with your new crafty stash...and happy birthday for yesterday too :o)

    have a lovely evening hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a note to say .......fabulous card :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a gorgeous card, it is so elegant, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooooooooo pretty Helen! Loving your inked background and the white embossing, beautiful!
    Glad you had a fabby birthday, your cake looked very yummy!
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, love the colour shading. Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, this is gorgeous. Such an elegant card and I love the colours. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous Helen and beautiful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very simple and very pretty. Love the way you used the ink to make the layers. Thanx for joining us this week at IW. Hope to see you back again next week.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen this is beautiful, the colours are just perfect for this image. Joey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x