Wednesday 17 August 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - Q is for...

It's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge...and this time Lacey is our host. The theme for the challenge is:

'Q is for Quote plus Image'
Basically, we'd like to see some kind of wording on the front of your cards this week.

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge...so that means two wonderful prizes!

Firstly, we have Robyn's Fetish


The prize is 5 digital products of the winner's choice from the Robyn's Fetish store.

Our second sponsor is Stamping with Brenda
Brenda's prize is a 3 month subscription to her 'How to WOW Paper Crafting Techniques Club'

Ok, so here's my card...I used an image from Robyn's Fetish called 'Twas the night before', which I printed out a couple of times, so that I could decoupage the snow on the chimney. I used watercolour pencils to colour the image, and added 'Crystal' Stickles to the snow. The papers are from the 'Wonderful Winter' pad by My Mind's Eye.


Here's a close up showing the layers:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies...and a couple of guest designers...please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.

18 comments:

  1. This is lovely Helen. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Helen :-) The image is fab and the papers and layout are fab :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen your card is stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is gorgeous! I love those papers and your decoupaged snow is fab!

    I'm soooo sorry I missed your birthday last week - I hope it was a good one xxx

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and I love the way that your paper continues the story. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the 3-D image! Great way to showcase the sponsor's image!! This turned out really cute!
    Big Hugs!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card helen, love the layers of snow, your card really shows this image off brilliantly!! Hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Q card, Helen. Beautiful papers and a great sketch. The 3D snow is great
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Helen! Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, Helen! I love the dimension you have added to your image and the papers are gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us for our 1st Christmas challenge at the Crazy Challenge. Hugs Pam

    PS I'm very impressed with the number of cards have completed for christmas already xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, love that xmas tree paper. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful card. love it

    thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT One Stitch At A Time

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful, and it gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling just by looking at it, perfect for Christmas time!
    Thanks very much for playing along with our sketch challenge at Corrosive, hope to see you again doon :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helen this is great. I love how the paper matches the sentiment! I also saw your post on your simple bubble Christmas Trees. I think that is what I am going to do for my mass Christmas card production for next year! (They always get done in Jan/Feb)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific! Love your 3D work.
    Thanks for joining our Christmas Challenge at CCH.
    ~darling Ho-CCH-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x