Saturday 2 July 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Desert Island Stamp

This week on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, we're asking you to choose your:

'Desert Island Penny Black Stamp'
Are we really only allowed to take just one???

If you manage to decide which is your all time favourite, these are the prizes on offer:



4042K Daisy Fields




An assortment of yummy ribbons, lace and trims.

Now, this is a tough challenge...how can you choose just one Penny Black...they're all my favourites! I decided to look through my Penny Black cards and choose one of the stamps that I use most often...which turns out to be 'Birthday Dog'...it's also one of the first Penny Black stamps I bought. In order to make the stamp the main feature, I kept the rest of the card really simple, using a couple of papers from the 'Hippity Hoppity' pad by We R Memory Keepers, distressing the edges and adding some faux stitching. I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch for the border, and the sentiment (which I stamped in two parts) is from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my fabulous DT buddies, please visit the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. ADorable!!! SCrummy papers you have used. Love it

    Have a fab day

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card lovely, thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me this week.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Helen

    I absolutely love this card, that paper is gorgeous

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the papers used:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaww another fab PB card! Love the stripey paper too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and great for our D challenge on Anything goes thank you for joining us
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha- love that image! Gorgeous colouring! Thanks so much for joining us on Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Beautiful
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie Challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x