Saturday 26 February 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Sweet Treats

It's my turn to set the theme of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week, and I have chosen:

'Sweet Treats'
(In other words, something yummy on your card)

Our new DT members join us next week, but unfotunately one of them has been unable to join us...which means that we were able to invite ANDIE to join our little team!

Also, as this is the last week of the month, it's your last chance to be included in the draw for 5 digi's of your choice from our sponsor:

We also have wonderful news about the Secret Crafter store...Wendy's shop was voted runner-up in the Best Independent Craft Shop in the Midlands in the Aceville Awards - Congratulations Wendy! 
Also, she will soon be stocking the fabulous range of Clarity stamps, and a new electronic die cutting machine called the ECraft...you can find them alongside all the other lovely goodies Wendy stocks at the Secret Crafter.

I've used an adorable House Mouse stamp called 'Birthday Cupcake' on my card, which I coloured using watercolour pencils, before adding a generous frosting of 'Crystal' Stickles (available here at the Secret Crafter) to the icing. The pink spotty paper is from the 'Quite Contrary' pad by My Mind's Eye, and I used an embossing folder, covered in sweeties, from a Hallowe'en set by Cuttlebug on brown card, then sanded the surface to reveal the white core, using my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamond' punch along the bottom. The sentiment is a Cuddly Buddly stamp, and I cut it out using my Nesties (available here at the Secret Crafter). I distressed all of the edges with inks, and my distressing tool, adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen, and a few adhesive pearls in the corners (available here at the Secret Crafter).



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration, please check out the fabulous cards by my lovely Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge DT buddies.

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love the embossed lollies and sweets. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little critters and this is one stunning image and a perfectly matched creation
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Helen, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the stamp and your background is fab! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the mouse stamo - adorable and so nicley coloured - thanks for joining in the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is amazing , I love the frosting and those mice are coloured beautifully, this is one cute creation,

    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs Bridget :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card Helen and a fab image. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this card. Loving the image you have used. MAny thanks for playing along at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cutie a great card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such an adorable card Helen :0)..thanks for joining us at WNW and good luck..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen, Oh that cake looks so yummy. What a fab card you have made here. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x