Saturday 26 February 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - GDT Card!

This is my last card as a guest designer for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge...I can't believe how quickly the month has gone! The theme this week is:

'Pearls & Lace'

And there are two fabby prizes up for grabs:


Fantastic Ribbons - 4 rolls of the winner's choice

&


PB Stamps - 15% off Lifetime Discount Voucher

I decided to try something different (well for me anyway), and used my lace (from Wild Orchid Crafts) as a frilly border around my image ('Gifts for You!' by Penny Black). The papers are from the 'Wisteria' pad by BasicGrey, and I distressed the edges with my distressing tool, before adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I used some small adhesive pearls in all the corners as a finishing touch.


For more inspiration, please pop over and see the stunning creations by the lovely PBSC girls. Thanks so much for having me - I've loved being a guest designer for you...and will be back next week to join in as a challenger again! :0)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Helen

    its been lovely having you with us :O) this is so elegant and such a pretty design

    Joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card Helen and I love your layout and gorgeous laced circle :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely, fantastic lace embellishing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Helen this is just soooooo pretty. Gorgeous papers, love the soft pastel colours and pretty embellishments.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, so delicate and pretty!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pretty card Helen :)
    The lace around the image is gorgeous!
    So glad you joined us this month x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Helen, pretty soft colours and love the lacey frame :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x