Wednesday 26 January 2011

Winter Snuggles

I've used some goodies I bought in the post-Christmas sales to make this card. The adorable hedgie image is from the 'Jolly Friends' set by Penny Black, which I got in the Sir Stampalot sale...I coloured it with watercolour pencils, and then added some Polar White Flowersoft to the umbrella for the snow. The papers (from the 'Countdown to Christmas' pad by My Mind's Eye) were also a sales purchase...from Hobbycraft, where I discovered all of the Christmas stock was reduced to half-price a couple of weeks before Christmas! The glittery brad (from an American Crafts pack) was also bought in the Hobbycraft sale...but a different Hobbycraft, and this time after Christmas. The snowflakes were cut using a mixture of Cuttlebug and Marianne Creatables dies, and the sentiment stamp is also by Penny Black.


Here's a close-up of the Flowersoft 'snow':


Challenges for this card:

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen :) Love those papers and the flowersoft snow looks fab!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable Helen and those papers are just gorgeous :o)

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is really cute, I love these hedgies, they are just so cute. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card helen...love the flowersoft snow...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The DP's are stunning and the image is just so cute.

    Your Hobbycraft must be a good one, as i've never found any in mine, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen!

    Thank you so much for the gorgeous PB birthday card...I love it :)
    Very kind of you to remember my birthday, it was a lovely surprise x

    Thanks again, Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card Helen I loveeeeeeee the snow on the top! brrrrrr looks super chilly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Helen - that was the first PB stamp I ever bought so i have a really soft spot for it - and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. helen...this card is so pretty and love the polka dots pp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so adorable Helen
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x