Tuesday 25 January 2011

Cuttlebug Spot - Inspired by a Magazine Advert

This is our final week of 'Inspiration' challenges at the Cuttlebug Spot, and this time we're being:

'Inspired by a Magazine Advert'

After a quick flick through my flatmate's glossy fashion mags for a suitable advert, I was feeling rather uninspired...so I thought I'd take a look through some of my magazines...I only have craft & food ones...so I wasn't hopeful...but I came across this one for Bonne Maman jam on the back of last month's Delicious magazine, and fell for the gorgeous colour combo of peach, aqua and green.


I found some old My Mind's Eye papers (from the '29th Street Market' Collection), the backs of which were a perfect match for the colours in the advert. I embossed them with my Cuttlebug 'D'Vine Swirls', 'Victoria', 'Floral Fantasy' and 'Just My Type' folders, then sanded over the raised areas to reveal the white core. I chose the adorable Lili of the Valley bear image ('Teddy with Flower'), because of the butterflies...if you click on the photo of the advert above it should be big enough to make out the butterfly that the little boy is trying to catch. I distressed all of the edges, and then added a couple of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into a couple of other challenges:
For more inspiration, please check out the fabulous creations by my lovely Cuttlebug Spot DT buddies.


12 comments:

  1. Love your bright colors! I so want spring to come soon. What a great image too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE Helen! Love the way you interpreted the ad. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the embossing is so lovely here Helen! Beautiful card hun!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,
    I agree the colour combo is truely scrumptious and this is one of my fav teds gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining the fun with us at Teddy Stampers.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. Great colours and texture.
    Thankyou so much for joining us on LOTV this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fresh and pretty Helen and reflects the gorgeous colours in your ad perfectly. I love that you used so many embossing folders in your card. Great take on the challenge!
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, love all the embossing.
    Thanks for joining us at Teddy Stampers.

    Hugs Meera x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, I LOVE embossing, looks fantastic here. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, this is such a sweet and adorable card. Love the Lily bear and your colors and embossing are fabulous! Spring is in the air my friend.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  10. OM Gosh....you have done a SUPER job on this weeks'challenge! Am proud to be a DT member with you!!

    love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image on a beautiful step card, just love everything about it.
    Thank you for joining the fun with us at Teddy Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x