Tuesday 18 January 2011

Cuttlebug Spot - Inspired by a Children's Game

This week at the Cuttlebug Spot, we're getting inspired by:

'A Children's Game'

Hmmm...had me stumped too...until I looked through a list of traditional children's games on Wikipedia...and spied 'Cats Cradle'...I used to love playing that! If you're not sure what it is...you can find out more here. I did start out by thinking that I could incorporate some string wrapped around my card...but when I stumbled across this image in my box ('Cat in a bra' by Penny Black)...I knew I'd found my cat's cradle! lol 
I coloured it with watercolour pencils, adding some shimmer with a Sakura Stardust pen. I used my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' and 'D'Vine Swirls' to emboss the purple card, then distressed all of the edges. The flowers are a mixture of Prima & Poppicrafts, the jewelled brads are from Craft Obsessions, and I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch along the bottom edge.



For more inspiration, please check out the fabulous samples by my lovely Cuttlebug Spot DT buddies.

7 comments:

  1. Just adorable Helen and great layout too :o)

    Well done with the theme!!

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tooooo funny LOL, you quack me up! I laught a long time! Thank you for that!

    Again I am a huge fan of your work, you are so talented!!!!!! Love this take on the challenge, love the cat, he is tooooooooo cute!!! We have 3 cats ourselves and they are soooo funny!!

    TFS
    love
    Jannie, your DTM of the Cuttlebugspot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what fun ~and just adorable!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that's so cute Helen - fab idea for the child's game inspiration lol!!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HeeHee! wouldn't have guessed this one but I see the inspiration and it's adorable! Too cute! Great job! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors you used! I looked around the rest of your site and all I have to say is WOW! I LOVE it all!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x