Saturday 20 February 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Mother's Day

This week has just flown by...I can't believe half-term is almost over! Anyway, it's Saturday again...so that means it's time for another Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge...and this week's theme, as chosen by Debby is:

'Mother's Day'

I know it seems a bit early to be thinking about making Mother's Day cards....but it's only a few weeks away here in the UK (March 14th). In fact it was perfect timing for me...I was able to make my card whilst visiting my parents earlier this week...and leave it with my Dad to give to my Mum...lets just hope he remembers! lol
I've used an image from 'Wonderful' set by Penny Black...colouring it to match the papers from the 'Sugared' pad by BasicGrey. I embossed the yellow panel using my Cuttlebug 'Victoria' folder and then sanded to reveal the white core of the paper. I distressed the edges of the papers, and added some faux stitching using a Cutterbee Bug and a white gel pen. The letters were cut using the Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet.


Make sure you stop by the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge for more inspiration from the rest of the design team.

13 comments:

  1. Fab card , if I were you I'd check and give your dad a couple of reminders if he's anything like mine,thanks for sharing Julye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Helen ... love that hedgie and great layout.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen. Absolutely adorable. I love your image and the papers are really pretty. I am sure your Mum will love it.
    Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable sweet card Helen, love Hedgie.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Helen - love your cute image and pretty papers. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful card Helen, fab distressing and cute hedgie :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....that paper is so perfect for that image! Fab card Helen.
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Love how you've matched the flower on the image with the paper, they work really well together. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card and a totally adorable hedgie :)
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Helen. Loving the hedgie too and fabby papers.

    Hope you're well hun, enjoy the weekend.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  12. That paper really looks fab with the image! Lov the layout and embossing too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful card. I adore the hedgehog image and the backsground papers are lovely. I just love the colours and they go so well with the little hedgehog
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x