Saturday 21 November 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Calendar

The theme for this week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge has been chosen by Jill...and she has challenged us to:

Make a Calendar


I decided to make a small desk calendar...I'm planning to make a few of these for Christmas presents. I cut a 4.5 inch wide strip from a piece of 12x12 red Bazzill card to make the base for my calendar, scoring at 0.5 inches and 5.5 inches from one end, and 1.5 inches from the other end. I then glued the two ends together, to create my free-standing base (which folds flat for posting). I decorated the base with a contrasting blue piece of card embossed using my Cuttlebug 'Victoria' folder, a couple of Prima flowers, some Papermania brads and an embossed butterfly stamped using a stamp from the 'Doodles' set from the Papermania CCSR. The calendar tab is by Anita's.


The design team have come up with some really beautiful projects this week...a calendar would make a great gift, which makes this a fantastic way to get ahead for Christmas...so I do hope that you'll join us this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!..love the colours...
    hugs
    Jan..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen a great idea and yours is beautiful,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful calendar Helen, love the colours and the embossed background, :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab calendar and lovely colours. Great idea. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic calendar Helen - love the colours and fab embossing.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buenísima idea, quizas la ponga en práctica, es verdad que un calendario es un buen regalo. Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen your calendar is gorgeous I love the butterfly hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x