Friday 2 October 2009

It's not a Christmas card!

I've been overdosing on Christmas cards recently...so I decided to have a go at Dawny's fab sketch over at the Anyone for Anya Challenge. I've combined it with the yummy sounding colour combo of 'Hot Pink, Dusky Pink and Ice Chocolate' of the Colour Create Challenge. I received the image in a swap...and as it wasn't stamped on a big enough piece of card to follow the sketch exactly...I added a few Poppicrafts flowers. The papers are by BasicGrey ('Blush' - the brown one) and My Mind's Eye ('Adore' the pink one), the sentiment stamp is from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts, and I added some doodling, and faux stitching with a gel pen.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous sweet card, love Miss Anya and what great colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya is adorable hun, and I love the colour choice, it's really rich and expensive looking. Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen. I do love this image, its adorable. The colour combination is fantastic, very nicely co-ordinated.
    Have a lovely afternoon.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is just so lovely and girly. Love the image.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Helen,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card,love the colour... i still need to do lots of xmas cards, no chance of me been overdosed..lol x carol GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely card Helen! The image is gorgeous and I love that big flower! hanks for joining in at Colour Create.

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous papers and colours. I love how the flower peaks from behind the image!

    Love from AFA!

    Renata

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x