Saturday 19 September 2009

I {heart} Christmas!

I'm back with a Christmas card this morning...for a few challenges: the sketch is from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long; I followed the Simon Says Stamp Challenge 'Recipe' of '3 embellishments, 2 papers and 1 image'; and the 'Animals' theme of the Creative Inspirations Challenge. The image is from the 'Holly-Jolly' set by Penny Black...I watercoloured it, then added some glitter to the baubles, and replaced the star on the top of the tree with a brad. The sentiment stamp is also by Penny Black...I masked off the heart before stamping and embossing, then added the heart-shaped brad in it's place (both brads are from Tesco). My third embellishment is the gold ribbon (wrapped around the middle strip, behind the sentiment). My two papers are actually both sides of a double-sided Cosmo Cricket paper (from the 'Be Good' range)...I hope that counts...and I used my 'Snowflakes' folder to emboss the plainer side.


8 comments:

  1. WOW Helen, what a gorgeous card, it really stands out, very effective. Love it. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun, love the papers and that image is all too familiar from Christmases with Vince LOL! Love it. Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Helen! This is just gorgeous!!
    Loving your use of brads (think I need to go to Tesco's)
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet image, thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just gorgeous ! I love this image and the papers and embellies you used are perfect. The layout is lovely too ,,, fab sketch ! :-)


    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge ;-)

    Luv
    Lols and the DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Christmas card, Helen! That Christmas tree image is an awesome image. Beautiful job on your coloring and following the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us as CSAYL!!! Hope to see you playing again!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous card, fabulous PB image and colours.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Helen I love this! Fabulous colours, layout, image, everything!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x