Monday 6 July 2009

Whiff of Joy Blog Hop

To celebrate the first anniversary of Whiff of Joy stamps, Katharina is hosting a guest designer call for WoJ fans, to take part in a special blog hop. She's designed a fab sketch for us to use...and I will admit to being a bit scared of the shape at first, but really enjoyed it once I got going! lol
I chose to use 'Henry - Celebrating Mouse' as he's my favourite WoJ stamp...and he fits perfectly in the circle shape on the sketch. I coloured him with watercolour pencils, then added a touch of glitter to the frosting on his cake. The papers are all from the 'Bittersweet' pad by BasicGrey - I love the rich pinks and browns. The flowers and ribbon are all from Poppicrafts, and the sentiment is from the Hero Arts 'Cupcakes' set - I had to place it slightly lower than in the sketch to cover a mishap while I was inking all of the edges! lol


As I only shaped the front flap of my card, the inside is partly visible, so I've decorated that too, using more BG paper, and Hero Arts stamps:


Here's a view of the card laying flat, so that you can see how the inside is showing around the curve:

If you fancy your chance to join in with the blog hop fun...and get your hands on one of the new release of stamps!...you'll need to be quick, as the DT call ends on Wednesday 8th July.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Helen. I love those papers and Henry is adorable.
    Good luck!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Helen,l love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Helen - love your interpretation of the sketch .. WOJ henry and hose papers really do look "yum" together! Good luck with the DT call :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen, love the stamp and the colours..

    Rachelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, lovely colours. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x