Tuesday 16 June 2009

Let it snow!

The card I made for last week's Winter Wonderland Challenge would have been perfect for this week's 'Let it snow!' theme...but alas, I couldn't use it again, so had to make something new. I followed this week's Stamp Something Challenge sketch for the layout, changing the dimensions to make a square card. I used a Sugar Nellie image ('Snowflake') stamped for me by my lovely friend Pauline, which I coloured with watercolour pencils, adding a touch of glitter and adhesive gems to the snowflakes. The gorgeous 'vintagey' snowflake paper is by My Mind's Eye ('Festive - Frost'), the embossing was done using the Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder, the sentiment stamp is by Penny Black, and the satin ribbon is by Anita's.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Helen :o)

    Another really beautiful card! I love the papers and image you have chosen this week!

    Thank you for joining in with us again at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Helen,l love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, this is beautiful, love the image and love the backing papers, your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen I love the tones of blue and your colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland again, hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorgeous, great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Helen! love the colours and all the detail :)
    Congrats on winning at The Pink Elephant this week! Such a fab card :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh lovely Helen - so glad you have been able to use Snowflake - she is so lovely! Sorry ahven't been visiting but obv you know how things are .. just taking a (very) little break from the prep grindstone lol!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Helen, I so wanted to tell you last week that you'll wish you'd save this card for next week's theme!!! However, you've pulled out all the stops again because this is truly magnificent!! And you're going to kick yourself when you see tomorrow's theme!!! LOL!! Absolutely GORGEOUS card, and I'm so glad you're enjoying playing in Winter Wonderland! Thanks so much! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x