Friday 12 June 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

This week's Winter Wonderland Challenge is to create a card using 'Christmas Carols' as our inspiration. Now, as a music teacher, I have a 'love/hate' relationship with Christmas music...I do love Christmas songs and carols, and I love the way that the children get so enthusiastic about learning to play their favourite Christmas songs...but, I hate the fact that they all want to start playing them in September (aarrgghh!!!!), in order to have them perfect for their Christmas concerts! lol

I used the fab sketch from the Inspirational Card Sketches Challenge for my layout, and have overdosed on snowflakes for my 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!' card. The image, called 'Let it Snow!' (well, I just had to use it didn't I?! lol), and the sentiment, are both by Penny Black, and the papers are by Pebbles Inc. I used the Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder on the plain white card, and also on the light blue card, above the sentiment, which I stamped and embossed three times. For a touch of sparkle, I added some Stickles glitter glue to the snowflakes and around the edge of the puddle on the image, and a glitter snowflake brad, by Dovecraft.

22 comments:

  1. A gorgeous, really sweet and fun card Helen! The image is adorable!

    Thank you for joining us again this week at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combo and how you've combined the 2 challenges.
    Thanks for joining us at ICS this week :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, fantastic card! the image is super cute and I just love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at winter wonderland this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card & the colours are great.
    hugs
    Kaza.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie this is just so precious love it all
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen such a sweet card! I love the cute image and colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars what a beautiful card. Yum colors and sweet image! WOW. Fantastic job using the IC Sketch and thank you for joining us this week. Hope to see you again next week! :)
    ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i love this image used it loads lasy year!gorgeous card helen
    hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. super sweet card you made for the IC sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love that image and the papers and colour combo looks fab.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. let it snow lovely colours a cute image & pretty papers! All on your card!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how sweet! I love your monochromatic theme and the embossed papers. Your image is precious! Thanks for playing along this week at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is gorgeous, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card. love the colors. thanks for playing along at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable!

    I think I would go mad if I had to listen to Christmas songs in September!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Helen!!! What a gorgeous card...thanx for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow what a cute card xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I love the colour combo, so out of the ordinary for Christmas and so fantastic!!!

    Thanks for taking part at ICS this week.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute, cute, cuteness all over! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Helen that is one adorable card - love the fresh cool feel and that ever so cute image is a great choice! Thanks for using ICS #20

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a fun card and love the cute stamp and great colors to use!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x