Thursday 4 June 2009

Handbag Charm

I'm sure most of you know by now, I'm a challenge addict...I find them a great inspiration for my card-making. I also dabble with jewellery making...and whilst browsing various websites yesterday, came across a Jewellery Challenge blog...I really don't know why I hadn't thought to look for one before! lol

Their current challenge uses this photo as inspiration:


I've created a handbag charm, and used both the colours, and the butterfly as inspiration. I've attached a mixture of amber and brown coloured glass beads to a chain using headpins, and finished it off with a butterfly charm at the bottom.


I really enjoy beading...I find it really relaxing...and I must try to find more time to do it. I'll definitely be joining in with this challenge again!

8 comments:

  1. Helen this is Super, I wish I could look at the things around me and get such wonderful inspiration. Love it. Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the way you have interpreted this, it's gorgeous. sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super dear how clever are you sweetie
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Helen this is gorgeous - beautiful colours and so clever .... I can't even manage to open and close a jump ring without nearly taking my fingernail off so I'm very impressed!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Helen! I love beading too but haven't done any for ages....

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, so cute, really lovely piece,

    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing work i love the way you have picked out the colours.

    thanks for playing along

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen as always your stuff is beautiful! this is not just beautiful its FANTATIC too! I love your colours and you have really taken the picture and used it to the full!! colours and the butterfly! thanks for posting this on your blog I have added myself to their blog too! te ehhehe :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x