Monday 22 June 2009

Distressed Melinda...

...well actually it's 'Confirmand Melinda'...but she is quite distressed too! lol
I used the fab Friday Sketcher's Sketch...but I was a little naughty and left off the sentiment...I just couldn't decide what to use...but I may add one when I come to use the card. I paper pieced her dress and hairband with some gorgeous K&Co paper ('Blue Awning - Polka Dots'), so I'm also entering this card for the Whiff of Joy and Creative Inspirations Challenges, which both have the theme of 'Paper Piecing' this week.


I used the same K&Co paper for the background of the card, with a strip of paper from the 'Boxer' pad by BasicGrey, and a piece of Core'dinations card embossed with the Cuttlebug 'Textile' folder underneath the image. As I'd used a deckled edge Nestie to cut out Melinda, I decided to have a go at distressing the edges of all of the papers with ink and sandpaper to stop them looking 'too neat'. The flowers are a mixture from Poppicrafts and Hobbycraft, and I also inked the edges of those to match the papers.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the colours you used. Cute image and paper piecing. I must have a go at PP. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Helen, Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,love the colours and your paper piecing looks fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your card is really lovely and so cute.
    thank you for joing in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
    hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Helen. I love the papers and great paper piecing.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blues and your whole card is just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge - I'm really excited about being the sponsor this week and love visiting everyone's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and brilliant paper piecing, thanks so much for joining us this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card sweet image and pretty papers. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful card, wonderful paper piecing. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x