Wednesday 3 June 2009

ABC Challenge - Q is for...

Over on the ABC Challenge we've arrived at the letter Q...which is for 'Quilted'.

Now, I've taken the theme quite literally...and I will admit to Goggling 'patchwork quilt patterns' whilst deciding what to do this week! lol I found a fairly simple pattern, and cheated a little, by using squares of paper (rather than triangles). I used two pretty floral design papers...which I think may be by K&Co...I'm afraid I don't know the names, as they were pieces sent to me in a swap...which I thought fitted with the 'country cottage' feel of a patchwork quilt. I then added zig-zag faux stitching around all of the edges. As I wanted the quilting to be the main feature of this card, I've added only a simple flower, made from scraps of the same papers cut using some of the 'Blossom' Nesties, cutting down to the centre to make the 'petals', and then I inked around the edges for definition...and as a hangover to last week's challenge, I've attached it with a Papermania pearl brad.

As always, for more inspiration, don't forget to check out the other DT members fab creations.

If you were one of the many entrants to last week's 'P is for Pearls' challenge, don't forget to check back later to see if you've been chosen by Denise from Whimsy Stamps, as the lucky winner of that cute monkey stamp.

9 comments:

  1. Fab creation Helen, love the effect. the flower is fabulous. Have as uper day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is stunning,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card and such beautiful muted colours

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen.
    This card is absolutely beautiful. I love these gentle and elegant papers! Your stiching is perfect.

    torico XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is absolutely beautiful! Love the colours and you put together such an elegant card :) It's great to be a guest designer for June....thanks
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Helen,l love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card I especially love the colours thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. superb card love your interpretation of the theme, adore those papres they are scrummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Helen! love the way the image is in tune with the papers! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x