Sunday 1 February 2009

The Sugar Bowl Challenge #3

The theme for Challenge 3 over at The Sugar Bowl is 'Love & Romance'. I've chosen to use 'Blossom' by Leanne Ellis as my main image. The black and white spotty paper is by Doodlebug, and I've embossed a strip of pink card with my 'Swiss Dots' folder, which I've then distressed to reveal the white core, to echo the polka dot ribbon tied around to close the card. The flowers are a mixture of Poppicrafts and Prima, and the heart charm (hung from the flowers on organza ribbon) is from my stash. I've added some faux-stitching as I felt it needed a little 'something'.


7 comments:

  1. Love this card. I adore that image and I just love spotty papers.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the image you have chosen. Thanks for joning us in the Sugar Bowl!
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and pretty helen - love it !
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, your card is beautiful! I love how the dotted backgrounds repeat the dots on Annies skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors and love your image!! Great idea to emboss with the dots ~ makes a nice match!! Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge with us :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card luv the colours. gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh beautiful card. She is lovely. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x