Tuesday 30 December 2008

Baby Boy

My Nan has asked me to make a card for a baby boy...he's not due until April 1st...but I thought that I may as well get on with it, while I've got time to play! Despite my Penny Black addiction, I really don't have many suitable stamps for a new baby card...my Nan picked this cute sleeping teddy ('Dream a dream') out of the images I've got with me. Although it's not that clear in the photo, I've decoupaged him in three layers. The backing paper is from the Papermania 'Sweet Nothings' pack, and I've used my 'Swiss Dots' folder on the strip across the centre. The ovals and the scalloped edging were cut using Nesties, and the letters were done using the Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet.


I really hope that they haven't got it wrong...although I do have time to make a baby girl card, should I need to!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen. I use this image alot for baby cards.
    Love the papers and the layout - a great card, and hopefully it is a boy!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    Have a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a really sweet baby boy card helen...lets hope its a boy lol.amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Helen - this is one of my favourite images (as my blog header will testify LOL!) Love how you have used it with the delicate papers and diecut letters
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for a baby Helen, I love it!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby card Helen.
    Happy New Year to you and yours .xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, this is gorgeous! such a beautiful image. Great layout too. joeyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x